Mercedes Benz Enthusiasts Group

a si

Forums

Forum Home > Events > Sticky: SoCal Route 66 and Speedway Cruise Roll Call for non Peach Parts or Benzworld members.....

Dennis Ingram
Site Owner

This thread can be used for members of M.B.E.G. that are not members of PeachParts or Benzworld.

Mercedes Benz Enthusiasts Group

presents:

The 2nd Annual (O.K.,so we skipped a year)

Route 66 and Speedway Cruise

Saturday October 15th 2011.

The cruise will start in two locations, Cajon Summit at the Summit Inn, and at Norms Restaurant in Santa Monica.

We will cruise Route 66 and meet at the Justice Bros. Museum in Duarte, and we will end the cruise at Toyota Speedway in Irwindale to show our cars and make 2 laps on the 1/2 mile oval.

All drivers and 1 passenger will get free entrance to the speedway for Saturday nights NASCAR racing.

Any additional guests get 1/2 off admission ($7.50).

This event is for ALL Mercedes Benz automobiles however, keep in mind it is also a car show, so we need to have our cars nice and clean and shiny for the event!! I would like to see more older 123's, 116's and maybe some vintage 107's, 108's and 111's at this event, so if you know someone who has an older car, please invite them to join us!

I will make up a flier that you can print to give to other MBZ owners that may not be on the forums. Also, I will try to make available car placards to display on your car at the car show.

If you've attended any of the events my brother (ROLLGUY) and I have organized, then you WILL NOT want to miss this one!!!

Stay tuned for updates and sign up now! .......Dennis

You can sign up now on this thread, there will not be a separate roll call thread.

Also state if you will be starting at the East or West end of the cruise.

Just copy the last list and paste it into a new reply, then ad your info.

I'll start the roll call.

Dennis "imdji", Monrovia. 1981 300D "Betty" -West

August 29, 2011 at 12:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CJBROWN

Sorry, something has come up and we can't make this one.

Chris & Sherry Brown

--

Chris Brown

"OC", So-Cal

1979 240D, 121K

2011 GLK350 New!!

Past Benzos: 71 250 • 83 240D • 84 190E • 04 C240

September 30, 2011 at 11:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim B.

Happy to say that my 2nd cataract surgery two days ago went great so both eyes are now like new again!!

So to celebrate I will be coming down from Northern California in a "new" car I bought in late July which will make its public So Cal debut.

It's a 1995 Almandine Red E 420, that I am hoping to fetch from the Mercedes Benz dealer in Rocklin today after some refreshment on it that started last week, and so far I have added 17" AMG monoblocks, 40% tint, a Lorinser trunk spoiler and a trunk triangle to it. (SO FAR..):)

[IMG]http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r388/cascade91/1995%20E420/photo2-1.jpg[/IMG]

My 1991 SEC has a head gasket going out and the new ECE 300 hp replacement 560 HV 10:1 motor is going into it after next week sometime when the car & engine are hauled to the shop

And I hope to hit So Cal sometime Friday and stay overnight somewhere and then join the cruise bright and early Saturday morning . !!

Nobody does them better than my friends Rich and Dennis, they are the best event planners and organizers there are.

I'd like to start this time on the east side at the Summit, as that area is not as known to me, and the last event I started out on the Santa Monica side..

Hope to see you folks there...

--
October 13, 2011 at 5:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.